Do you know about turbochargers? Some basics of turbochargers were introduced before LANDTOPMALL. Today, we will introduce the advantages and disadvantages of turbochargers and the misunderstandings of maintenance. Combining the previous two blog posts about turbochargers, I believe you will benefit a lot.
Next, LANDTOPMALL will take you to understand the turbocharger in depth.
Advantages of Turbochargers
There are five advantages of a turbocharger:
1. Increase the power of the engine. Increase the density of the air entering, so that the engine can inject more fuel under the condition of the same displacement, thereby increasing the power of the engine. After using the turbocharger, the power of the engine can be increased by 20% to 30%. On the contrary, under the requirement of the same power output, the cylinder diameter of the engine can be reduced, and the volume and weight of the engine can be reduced.
2. Improve engine emissions. Turbochargers reduce the discharge of harmful components such as particulate matter and nitrogen oxides in the engine exhaust by improving the combustion efficiency of the engine. This is an indispensable configuration for diesel engines to meet emission standards above Euro II.
3. Provide the function of plateau compensation. At high altitudes, the air is relatively thin, and if the engine uses a turbocharger, it can overcome the power drop of the engine caused by the thin air at high altitudes.
4. Improve fuel economy and reduce fuel consumption. After the engine uses a turbocharger, the combustion performance is better, which can save fuel by 3%-5%.
5. It has high reliability and good matching characteristics, and high transient response characteristics.
Disadvantages of Turbochargers
The disadvantages of a turbocharger are few compared to the advantages. The disadvantage of turbochargers is mainly lag. The inertia of the impeller of the turbocharger is relatively slow to respond to sudden changes in the throttle because there is a delay when the engine increases or decreases power.
Turbocharger Maintenance Mistakes
Change the Oil at Will
In terms of “drinking” oil, turbochargers are indeed more “squeamish”. In addition to the larger volume than ordinary naturally aspirated engines, the requirements for oil products are also higher. Because the design of the turbocharger is different from that of the naturally aspirated engine, its main shaft adopts a floating design. The turbine body and the main shaft are filled with oil. The entire main shaft relies on lubricating oil to dissipate heat and lubricate. It has a high degree and poor liquidity and cannot function well.
Quickly Turn Off
To avoid stalling the engine immediately after a long period of the high load operation, it should be allowed to cool for a few minutes and lubricated. Otherwise, it is easy to damage the bearing.
Throttle on Start
Immediately after starting, the tractor slams on the accelerator, which may damage the supercharger oil seal. The number of revolutions of the turbocharged engine is very high. After starting the tractor, do not step on the accelerator pedal abruptly. It should run at idle speed for 3-5 minutes first so that the oil pump has sufficient time to deliver the oil to all parts of the turbocharger. At the same time, the oil After the temperature rises slowly, the fluidity is better.
Well, that’s all for today’s introduction to turbochargers. Those who haven’t read the previous two blogs of LANDTOPMALL can follow LANDTOPMALL to check. If you want to buy a turbo, you can visit our store. Thanks for browsing.